How can filing for bankruptcy help me?
Before Filing for bankruptcy many people wonder how can filing for bankruptcy help me?
Bankruptcy can help to do the following:
- Eliminate the legal obligation to pay most or even all of your debts
- Stop the foreclosure of your home and allow you to catch up on missed mortgage payments
- Stop wage garnishments (which is when a court orders that your employer divert a portion of your paycheck to the creditor or person to whom you owe money)
- Stop debt collection harassment
- Stop repossession of a car, home, and other property (in some situations, the creditor can be forced to return property even after it has been repossessed)